1968 Yenko Camaro
For the 1968 Yenko Camaro model year, Yenko Chevrolet modified a new SS 396 L-78 Camaro with its own personalized trim. He added some additional factory options to make a unique car for his customers. The 1968 Yenko Camaro was actually a COPO Camaro. Don Yenko used the COPO system to purchase more Camaros with factory installed features to help reduce the conversion time at his dealership.
Here are some of the features: 427 and Yenko Emblems, Custom Yenko fiberglass hood with dual snorkel inlets, Removal of the factory 396 engine and re-installation of a 427 cubic inch short block, again re-using the L-78 cylinder heads, aluminum intake manifold and Holley carb. Close ratio 4-speed transmission, Posi-traction rear end, Power front disc brakes with dealer trimmed 14 X 7 Pontiac rally wheels, Z/28 style rear spoiler, Plus A LOT More than what’s on this page…. Regarding the total production numbers, they are not exact, but only a few of these Camaros have been found and restored.
The 1969 Yenko Camaro had even more factory installed features than the 1968 model. Take a look by clicking here.
Otherwise, for more information, please take a look at the new book about these cars in the right column.
Please visit my sponsors:
Newest Yenko Book:
Latest Yenko News
- Sy-Cloned: You Can Now Get a GMC Syclone Based on the Canyon
- GMC Syclone revived as a 455-hp aftermarket brute - Roadshow
- The Yenko Chevrolet Camaro Returns with up to 1000 Horsepower
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko/SC Stage 2 Makes 1,000 Horsepower
- Yenko Camaro Returns With 1,000 Horsepower Making It The Ultimate Dealer Option
- You can now buy a 1,000-hp Camaro from your Chevrolet dealer - Roadshow
- 1,000 HP Yenko Camaro Is A Bowtie-Badged Demon Slayer
- Me & My Car: red hot, sleek and grunty
- Monterey Car Week: day three auction results
- Now You Can Order A 1,000-HP Yenko Corvette From Your Local Dealer
- Flexing American muscle: Oxford man turns love of cars into successful business
- Oxford man turns love of muscle cars into successful business