1969 Yenko Camaro
In 1969, Yenko Chevrolet modified the factory Chevrolet COPO Camaro with its own personalized trim, and added some additional factory options to make a unique car. The 1969 Yenko Camaro was based on: COPO 9561 and COPO 9737. Here are some of the features: 427 and Yenko Emblems, Distinctive Yenko Headrest styling, Custom Yenko side and hood striping, Special order 427 cubic inch engine, Air Breathing hood with built in sealed plenum chamber and throttle operated solenoid valve, Close ratio 4-speed transmission or available TurboHydraMatic 3-speed automatic transmission. Positraction rear end with 4.10:1 rear axle ratio, 15 X 7 rally wheels, HD sway bar, Power front disc brakes, Optional 5-spoke Atlas wheels, Plus More….
Don Yenko again used the COPO ordering system to purchase more Camaros in 1969. COPO 9561 got you the iron block L72 427 engine. These Camaros had factory installed L72 427 engines with the cowl induction hoods. COPO 9737 got you the 15X7 Rally wheels, larger front anti-sway bar, and improved handling for the streets and highways. Actual production number from Yenko Chevrolet was determined to be 198. Records indicate 201 were ordered under the COPO system. Several of these cars have been found and restored.
The 1969 models were significantly improved over the original 1967 models which were reflected in the production and sales numbers. Yes, more people knew about the 1969 Yenko Camaros compared to the previous two model years.
Otherwise, for more information, please take a look at the new book about these cars in the right column.
Please visit my sponsors:
Newest Yenko Book:
Latest Yenko News
- Sy-Cloned: You Can Now Get a GMC Syclone Based on the Canyon
- GMC Syclone revived as a 455-hp aftermarket brute - Roadshow
- The Yenko Chevrolet Camaro Returns with up to 1000 Horsepower
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko/SC Stage 2 Makes 1,000 Horsepower
- Yenko Camaro Returns With 1,000 Horsepower Making It The Ultimate Dealer Option
- You can now buy a 1,000-hp Camaro from your Chevrolet dealer - Roadshow
- 1,000 HP Yenko Camaro Is A Bowtie-Badged Demon Slayer
- Me & My Car: red hot, sleek and grunty
- Monterey Car Week: day three auction results
- Now You Can Order A 1,000-HP Yenko Corvette From Your Local Dealer
- Flexing American muscle: Oxford man turns love of cars into successful business
- Oxford man turns love of muscle cars into successful business